Monday 28 July 2014

My first blog/post

Hi all!

After many years in IT and on the Internet I have FINALLY got around to doing a blog! 

This particular blog will focus solely on all the many areas of Mormon/LDS history that I have questioned over the years and done extensive research on. It's primary purpose is to serve as a repository of my thoughts and investigations so I can have somewhere to go for future reference - an online journal if you will.

This being my first post (ever), let me preface my upcoming posts with a brief backgrounder:

All my Mormon life I have had questions regarding Church history that I've never found a satisfactory answer. 8 years ago I spent the subsequent 3 years doing extensive research into Mormon history. In the end, I came to the conclusion it was not of God. If the Church was true, then I have 100 questions that have no satisfactory answers. If the Church is not true, I have my answers - it is man made and false.


Coming to this realisation, I "came out" with those close to me, which has been a trial. I moved on per se and had no desire to continue the research - I had bought MANY books and got through about half of them. For some reason, most likely due to joining some local ex-mormon Facebook groups, via Facebook friends, my interest of late has renewed, and I have commenced my research.

To that end I have created this blog to post my thoughts and investigation that detail WHY elements of Church history are (to me) blatantly false.

Matthew Bryde
28th June 2014





1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad you started this blog Matthew. In comparison to you my research has only just begun and at times it is overwhelming, more so emotionally than anything else. Right now I am experiencing some trials too, trials associated with people challenging my desire to write about the topic of leaving Mormonism. People say, if you've left the church, why don't you leave it alone? But the truth is something that should be told, and truth shouldn't ever fear scrutiny, so why do people fear my research and the writing I will do as a result? If the church is true, if Joseph Smith was a prophet, then the church should have nothing to fear, nothing to hide, nothing to twist or change to make it more acceptable. Glad I'm on this journey with you :)

    ReplyDelete